Sunday, February 26, 2017

January made me shiver.... (belated)


January 2017 came like no other January in a long time.  It has been colder than I recall and certainly wetter.  The rains came and came and kept coming.  I have zero complaints, I truly hope that those that were flooded and the auto accident victims have recovered. That is always my sadness when the bad weather causes monstrous disasters. However, feeling so excited that my state is wet and green and blessed with water.  

This particular January is like no other.  I feel the pain of the election, so many people are hurting, and defensive, offensive, and this seems to be from most no matter who they voted for.   I have the pain and those thoughts too...but for now, this blog isn't about that. It isn't that I don't care or don't have a voice.  I have a big opinion and a big voice.  It isn't that I am complacent, I have activities and a voice.  Just not here. 

My heart hurts and my soul feels the pain of the divisions, not just from my country, but all over the world.  I only ask from the universe that it is growing pains and the light and love will reign and we will all be happy citizens on this beautiful planet.   I always believe in hope, change and love.  I also believe in the goodness of people to unite and help each other.  We have it in us, we all have it inside.   I also trying and watching and correcting my comments, my tone, my hurtful comments, after all it begins within each of us.  

Silence is golden and Spring is coming.

January has been cold and it was remarkably beautiful here in Northern California.   Living in the Valley near the Sierras is a blessing that I am  always eternally grateful.   We don't get snow but on some days we had sunshine, to clouds, to rain, hail, and rainbows all in a few hours.  On my commute home I can see the snow covered Sierras shining brightly with the glow of the sunset.  My view doesn't last long as I have to turn soon after it all comes into view, so I make sure that I never miss that wonderful show that Mother Earth gives me each day.


 


 

And I have been busy!  I have been cooking and even knitting.  This past Sunday was my youngest Granddaughter's birthday and I got to make some quiche, baby quiche, bread and a lovely little poncho.  I can't wait to see her wear it.  

This is the week that I have to get out and get moving.... Marathon training 2017 begins.  I have a plan, this week is just a bunch of one mile jogs to get used to the fact that I have a lot of miles to add to my running.

I am excited about a few knitting projects.  My Gigantico Blanket project with my friend, and a lovely shawl/wrap for me. 

Birthday cooking and knitting.
It is fun to be busy cooking... especially for a special girl.



 

 Some "other" Bread.... (February)


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave me a note here.