Sunday, June 11, 2017

Mahi Mahi Chili Lime Tacos - WW friendly - a guide

I don't have a  super great recipe, but you can get the gist of it.

Marinate:
About 2-4 tablespoons of fresh lime
About 1-2 tsp chili power
Pinch of salt
Pinch of Pepper...

Mix and marinate the Mahi steaks for an hour or so.


 To cook them I got a small skillet that just fit the two steaks side by side.  I got it really hot, I did a few sprays of cooking spray and put in the steaks. I cooked on that med-high temp for about 3-4 minutes.  When I turned them I put a sliver of butter under each.  I let them cook for a few more minutes.   I reduced the temp and covered for a minute or so.

****kicks self....no pics...hungry from hiking and wanted hot tacos and hot tortillas***

The tortillas are corn.  Organic, the kind you heat up from a "dough" 
and the Mahi was vacuum frozen fillets.

I then made a sauce from Hidden Valley Ranch dressing:
Four tablespoons ranch,
about two tsp of fresh salsa
and a tsp chili powder.  
(Hindsight, maybe lime would have been good in this too).

I chopped lettuce and tomatoes and a bit of avocado.  Then I assembled.

Mahi for 4 ounces  equals about 2 Classic points.  Tortillas are a point each (2) Avocado, dressing and sliver of butter about 3 pts.  So about 7-8 classic points. I abstained on cheese because sometimes in life we have to say no to cheese.  (No we don't, I just do sometimes) Especially if I said yes every day for 4 days......



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave me a note here.