Friday, October 27, 2017

Avery's Pond - October Trail 2017

This was a beautiful little quick walking hike last Friday. My lungs were a bit congested from bronchitis, so I didn't run, but I kept a good hustle.   But this would have been a lovely trail to run.  It has rained the night before so the soil was damp and kind. It was the first time for a rain in a quite a while in this part of Northern California.  The trail is shady and had green moss and wet oak tree smell.  It runs along the the North Fork of the River.  The river sounds were beautiful.
It was a beautiful trek and very therapeutic.  Here are some pictures.  I just went out and back 4.2 miles and I truly want to go again.  There was not a single human on the trail.

Little bridges, the sound of the river, lizards, squirrels and according to the danger sign, Mountain Lions really made it blissful. Like I was visiting their home. It was a Nirvana of sorts that day, the kind that the universe gives you when you need it most but maybe did not even know it.  I will go back and trek some more before it gets tooooo muddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave me a note here.