Friday, April 28, 2017

Friday Chit Chat and activities

Today was a nice day off from the office.  

I spun wool, and wound some wool.   

I had nice coffee with some yummy eggs.  

I just sit here thinking... it is 8:53.  What can I do?  I am a lucky person to have so many things to do.  I crave the quiet.  I haven't played much music today.  I listened to a friend or two online.  No tv on.  Isolation and quiet.  I think it is nice.  I also saw that many activities I posted on Facebook. 

I am thinking now.. "I think I will do some reading... something positive...AND I will share it with Facebook..." and then I listen to what I said, I see what I do.   Nothing wrong with it.  Somehow it seems we connect well to like friends on Facebook and people seem to enjoy what we do, and we inspire each other. It was just a thought.   But it got me thinking.  (Oh no....) 

I wonder if I do something wonderful and positive tonight that I will be the person that it is good enough to share with. Keep it to myself, consider myself worthy to be my own company.  I actually am more introverted, I think Facebook allows us introverts to be extroverted in the social media sense.

I wonder if that conflicts with our introverted tendencies.... I wonder if our brain or soul is saying..."look at that, or oh my where did all that come from?"  What is the ego saying... "yahoo.... look at me now.?"    I am not sure.   I know there are studies and I could find out what is going on, and what the professionals are saying will happen as a result of all this social media.

I know that my great great grandchildren won't have to go to Ancestry.com to know about me.  Well .... is that Facebook personality the real person?  After all, I don't put out my strong political opinions, I don't put out my spiritual cravings or tendencies, I don't talk about too many horrors.  I seem to like it better when I write something nice and positive.

But .... is life really that positive?  Yes, it is.   Does it feel that way all the time?  No, but actually it is.. but we have struggles and tears and such pain, but we woke up today.  Air filled our lungs.

Anyway those are my thoughts tonight, nothing too deep or profound.  Just my thoughts on what social media is and isn't.   Do we post and share our deep struggles and truths on social media? Or do we keep it light and fluffy.  


Facebook... to just connect, see some relatives, and funny youtubes, recipes, how to's, get marketed by google and amazon, read healthy articles, read unhealthy articles, see people do odd things, good things, see places, see art, hear music, see what is going on in the world and see what our friends do, hear good news, hear bad news. 

Ha Ha at least we are no longer slaves to a land line phone that would ring all the time. :)

It certainly does bring it all to one place... remember all those emails from all those Yahoo groups.. that got out of control.  Now at our fingertips..on our phone.

Happy Saturday as it is fast approaching.   Tell me what's on your mind... feel free to leave a comment here, or as many of you do, message me. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave me a note here.