Monday, April 30, 2018

Beautiful earth

In light of my daughters big HUGE Western States Qualifying event, I did some uphill in familiar ground in Auburn, CA the next day.
(I will write soon about my daughters journey... it is still all sacred, bottled up and choke-y in my heart.  But I have good emotions to share when my heart will give it up).
Completely inspired and in awe of her.. the human, the mom, the soul and the woman, I needed climbing and isolation. And I needed to feel my muscles.    Nature gave back to my soul and fueled my heart with bliss.  And my body felt renewed by climbing, solitude, wandering, and height.  Hello "me."

All the things...

The beginning (Nikon)

The side of the road...(iPhone)


Approaching.. climbing. (iPhone)


Rocky trail...(iPhone)



Manzanita ( iPhone)



Looking down... (iPhone) The starting point from 900 feet up


Beautiful planet...(iPhone)





Back to the car (almost) ...(iphone)... I had just come off that bridge (No Hands) it was a good jog across that bridge... no personal record was achieved but that  mile 4 was sweet and strong.


And my heart 30 hours later is still there....I long to be there every hour.


I still have the need to run trails .. so I still can’t carry camera gear and take the good pics. I haven’t resigned to being a complete hiker... yet.  I just can't yet.

Hope your week is beautiful...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave me a note here.