Sunday, June 8, 2014

What Happened to May?

May slipped by.... and now the first week of June has blinked by as well.  Summer is here to stay.  I don't mind. I am used to California, after 48 years I am seasoned triple digit survivor.

HomeGoodsByToni has a Facebook Page. Welcome all.   My partner and daughter is usually the voice behind the page, but if you  tag me I see the comments and respond also.  Like the page to hear  about the great specials each week.

HomeGoodsByToni had a soap event in May. It was at Bounce U, a fund raiser for Make a Wish Foundation. It was our first official public appearance. We had a blast, new scents, and soaps and a lot of happy soap buyers.  Pictured is Jessica, what a cutie.
















Violin News:  I am working on a project with the fine friends at Fiddlerman.com on "Thaxted."  I will keep you all  posted.  I might even have a video by June 20th to share. Yes, that is a deadline, go ahead give me a bit of pressure.  I have a nice online friend helping me get the "Fiddle" and the "Jig" in to my Swallowtail Jig. So he gave me a little song called Stitches in my Britches to play. It is really fun.  I might have a clip on that one soon also.  I am playing 45 minutes to 1.5 hours a day.  I see progress at times and other times it feels I am not making progress. 

On Memorial Day, I thought it would be fun to see how well I could play The Star Spangled Banner. Last year I learned and practice for 3 months to make a somewhat sketchy video to post in a Fourth of July Forum.  This year I pulled out the sheet music and had it decent in about 30 minutes.  That is progress I told myself.   That lead to a binge of pulling out sheet music from songs from a year ago and playing them, and I have to say I feel happier in the whole over all progress.  Especially since songs from a year ago had the music marked with the letter number over the note, and I had learning tapes on my violin.

 Spring and Summer has brought forth some mediocre gardening and flowers. But I am enjoying the fruits of the labor of my watering.

and a bit of mediocre photography also.

On the craft front:

A sweater  is emerging from my needles, and a cheerful quilt is on the way.
More about the projects later.  I am behind in blogging.   I'd like to sit down and read some soon also.   I 'd love to hear from everyone.   Have a great week, thanks for stopping by.

Toni

3 comments:

  1. Good for you... keeping up with your violin...I love it and can't hardly wait for a video!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt and sweater so far! Keep practicing that violin! I can't wait to hear how you've improved at our next jam session!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave me a note here.