Friday, September 20, 2019

Monday homemade takeout -later post

Hello and Happy Friday.  (it  is September 2019) what?  I found a few posts in my draft folder that I had meant to share. 

Healthy Chinese Homemade take out.  It is just a good way to save 20 bucks for Chinese take out.  I used organic, no antibiotic boneless skinless chicken breast.  ON sale... I always by my chicken on sale.  I never buy full price chicken.  My goal is always a 4-5 dollar meal with enough for two lunches.   Any way it was lightly breaded with a dusting of flour and browned in olive oil  with chopped veggies  (green pepper, onion, garlic, ginger) that were stir-fried on the side and mixed with a few tablespoons of prepared szechuan sauce.   It was served with rice and love and it was delicious. 

Tip:  Have the veggies and chicken prepped on Sunday.    I suppose you can prep the whole meal on Sunday but I am picky and like my take out wok sizzling fresh.

For the first time I tried my inexpensive electric skillet for stir frying the veggie.  It worked excellent. Ironically  I am making this meal tonight for Friday night take out.  I am just using noodles instead.

Cheer!  iPhone pics










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave me a note here.