Friday, January 3, 2020

Because ya’ll like the food posts - That Sourdough!!!

I won't speak too much.... Just the pics right? You all have shown that you like the food pictures.  Stats don't lie.   Well December 2019,  finally I got a great crust on my sourdough bread.  You know only 8 years of practice.  This was bread I was proud of although it was still not perfect....

That paved the way for a great and healthy chicken soup the next night...because you know that no one will complain about soup for dinner if there is yummy buttery bread ...(for those who still believe that bread is edible).   Even if it was "day old" it was delicious.  And just so you know the chicken was left over from the night before.  I  had the best budget conscious and reasonably healthy end of the year meal planning. 




                                                         Then .... Not a pie....well it's a pizza pie!!!!



And well....since the sourdough started was "worthy" I had to show off and make sourdough pizza crust.   In all reality, I screwed this up by precooking  the crust at high temps  rather than slow cooking it as I usually do with deeper dish.  (I "shoulda" been do it Chicago style...) Live and learn.  Still we didn't hate it. No we did not. 

Seasoned with oregano, olive oil and cracked pepper....oh and salt.

layers...
and more layers... 
hey, there IS a worthy amount of veggies on this pizza.  There is some dignity.
(mushrooms, onion, artichoke hearts, olives....)

I have plenty more food pictures coming so keep reading.  Don't be shy leave a public comment.  Let me feel the love....anyone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave me a note here.