Saturday, January 4, 2020

More take-out to ring out the New Year - getting those veggies in...

More homemade Chinese take out.
The last time I posted it seemed to be the most popular post of the year.  You all kill me...

Right after Christmas I felt the need to get the veggies into the diet and reign in the fat so we had a few night in a row of stir fry.   To make it easy I used the electric wok...(Teflon and all...gasp....)

The first was just noodles, stir fried with a whole lot of veggies and small thin sliced chicken.  The secret to it all is sesame oil.  But you all knew that right?  (The veggies are carrot, celery, onion, green onion, green cabbage, bean sprouts)

 I cooked the chicken alone in a bit of sesame oil, the veggies separately in a bit of oil, and the noodles were lo mein noodles cooked and then added to a sizzling wok. Then I added it all together with the bean sprouts last.

The next night it was refried rice (yes, I cooked the rice the night before, because that works best too!)  It was a lot of the same veggies ^^^^^ with egg and ham this time.






















Both turned out great and I got veggies in before the New Year. And obviously these were more budget friendly recipes especially if you considert 6-7 bucks over 20 take out.    Obviously this is a "later" post, but I wanted to share.

Happy New Year.  Get your veggies in!
Blogger failed me with the sizzing wok video.  (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave me a note here.