Friday, January 10, 2020

No Hands Bridge, Auburn CA



More often than not I find myself walking, jogging, or even running across this bridge.   It is on the last three miles of the Western States trail.  Runners run from Squaw Valley California to Auburn, CA to complete one of the old 100 mile endurance runs.  Western State Endurance Run!   Quite often after the event within a day or so I find myself running in their footsteps and I think of the footsteps of the great runners, and humans that walk across this bridge over the years.  I try to soak up all the vibes.  Because this bridge has all the vibes.

This day I found myself wandering with my camera and talking a jaunt to the water to get some pictures.   It seems so much larger from the water.  I rarely go down to the river as I often am running up the canyon or over to Cool.
It is stoney and mossy and down by the water the traffic noise is drowned out and you can just hear the water traffic and echos of the canyon.




The above picture has three three bridges, the green bridge that leads to Cool CA, and the Forest Hill bridge.  I love all views where I get a glimpse of the three of them. And below is just some more of what to expect of the bridge from river level in December.  Sunny, cool and mossy.

I don't think I will ever miss a chance to take a picture of the Forest Hill Bridge.  It means a lot to me and so many people in the community. 

Thanks for looking at my Photography.

copyright - Toni C. Gomez 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave me a note here.