Saturday, January 18, 2020

Broccoli chicken with Yellow curry sauce - Chicken Curry with Red Paste - a recipe of sorts



















I don't always write the recipes when I cook, but this is my basic recipe that I have in my head. 

Usually I make chicken broccoli curry with Trader Joes Yellow Curry sauce. I was in the mood for that, but wanted to add another curry paste to my collection.  I didn't know if we would love it so I made the basic usual and also a pan of the new. I used two pans side by side to cook two dishes. 

Basic ingredients are: a few shredded carrots, green pepper and onion cooked in olive oil until the onions become clear-ish, then I add chicken and garlic and cook all together.   (Medium to sizzle but not burn the garlic)


I cook my broccoli separate because as much as I love broccoli, I don't like everything to taste like broccoli  juice so it get a quick blanching (  a quick 4 - minute dip into hot boiling water).  I did not know if I would like the broccoli in the red curry paste, so that was the only difference in the  dishes  the yellow curry sauce  pan with broccoli and  the red curry paste pan.   I added 1/2 can of chick peas to each pan.  



Oh AND I had read a lot of recipes that called for coconut milk  when cooking with  the red paste  and I didn't have that so I added a bit of half and half.  One more thing,  in the red curry pan I also had 1 cup diced tomatoes cooking with the veggies and chicken.   ( I think each pan had about 8 ounces of cubed boneless skinless chicken breast)


Both dishes were delicious and full of veggies.   I am going to try with lentil this week.  OH yea...and top it off with a ton of green chopped onions.   I can eat this  often and it is healthy.   I don't even think the half and half was needed.  And the Spicey Red was lower in calories than the Yellow sauce.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave me a note here.