Sunday, January 5, 2020

Green chili stuffed enchiladas

Blogging about food needs no explanation.   I am a foodie.  I like to cook and I like to eat.  I don't think I have been trained as a cook with the exception that we were present in the kitchen helping my mom cook our whole life....  but over the decades, (oh we can even say 1/2 century) I have spent a lot of time in the kitchen cooking.   When I was younger, I did it because I didn't know there was an option. "Mom's cook dinner, its the job." I was happy with that job.  

I didn't know that a lot of time dinner is bought, or kids take turns cooking a meal.  I only know that mom's cooked dinner and had it ready about 5:30 and made plates for those not present, so they could eat it later.   
"the olden days"
And I like it that way still even as a working mom for 25 plus years.

Flash to now, I cook because I like good food and I don't particularly care for fast food or food made by other people.  I have gotten picky.    I like restaurant food, but I haven't honestly ever had a weekly restaurant budget.  I like a bottle of 15 dollar wine, I don't like  to pay 15 dollars for a glass wine.  You see what I am saying.   I don't think I am cheap, I had bills to pay.


I can tell you that once or twice a month I like to go out to dinner because I like to be served hot food without thinking.  Its nice to get soup, then salad, then a hot plate of food.    And on those times I will order the 15 dollar glass of wine...(not always..l ha ha, I still have bills to pay). Anyway  I plan for more of this  lifestyle in the future and I will cherish every dish served.

Okay that's my ramble about food for the day. I will give you all what you come here for now.  Food pictures of a dish I made recently.   

The dish below was my attempt to make a enchilada with both corn and flour tortillas, with beans and beef filling and a green chili surrounded by cheese.   It worked pretty well.  I over stuffed them  (lesson learned) and next time I would just use a whole chili per enchilada.
Smear the beans on the flour tortilla,  place a corn tortilla on top of the beans, add seasoned beef/turkey combo. (I used Trader Joes taco seasoning packet)
                                    
 Layer a chili with a Monterey Jack cheese wedge, top with enchilada sauce.  (I believe it was Trader Joes brand)

Roll the little beauties and add sauce and top with more cheese.   Baked at 350 for about 25 minutes.  (basically to melt and blend).



I'd love to hear what people think or tips of version of this meal that you make. 

#make2freezeone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave me a note here.